Join the Knox Forest School Family
Our family is a wonderful one. We work together as a unit. We communicate with one another well, listen to one another, and support one another. We respect diverse perspectives and opinions, and work together to produce the desired effect of holistic learning that provides the best environment in which our kids can learn. As guides, our children should emulate us in how we treat each other and nature, with the utmost love and care.
Position — Teacher
We are always looking for the right teachers to guide our forest school kids, and we are always willing to begin a conversation with those interested in working for us as a teacher. We value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate in terms of religion, race, gender or ideology.
- Patient, kind, gentle
- Listens and ponders before speaking
- Has a great love of the natural world
- Willingness to learn new pedagogies
- Willingness to get messy!
- Will handle insects and dig for stuff in the mud
- Background in naturalist studies helps
- Background in early childhood education helps
- Background in environmental science helps
- background in Botany helps
- Prior experience with young kids a big plus!